Friday, December 16, 2011

The Vintage Window......

After looking for months for an old vintage window, I'm so excited to say I've finally gotten my hands on one!!  (thank you dad for digging in the depths of your shed for what you thought was trash, but in my eyes was a perfect accent piece to my home decor)  There are so many ways I can display my new found treasure...ohh what to do, what to do.......


I could replace each glass pane with mirrors.......or.....take the easy route and use the Krylon Looking Glass-(mirror like paint!)




I could dig out my oh-so-loved chalkboard paint........




I could make a wall display.......




Or suspend it from the ceiling....ohhhh I like this idea!!!




I could make a coffee table.....Daddy K....I may need a little assistance for this idea.....are you in??




Or I could blow up a super cool picture and place it behind the panes.....




Or I could save it for party decorations......




For now, as I ponder over all of my possibilities, my new treasure is propped up against the wall behind Julia's reading area; decorated with a perfectly sparkly silver wreath!





I'm digging this look so much that I think I may want another one.....Daaaaad???  


To see the parties I'm linking to go HERE!!!


13 comments:

  1. I had a garage full of old windows if I had known you were looking for some...LOL...I've used a bunch throughout my house and gave some away too...I love the look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great window ideas...I love one with the blown up picture behind it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these parties cause' I find so many great bloggers...like you! I'm a new follower. Thanks for sharing your awsomeness. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw one in a shop once with a beautiful piece of fabric behind it. I guess sheets of scrap booking paper would also work and could be changed seasonally. I love the size of your window. It's different from standard, boring windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this idea. I will be using it for sure. Thank you for sharing, I will follow on my way out so as I would love to visit again. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place and do the same. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to engaging and supporting your blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been dying to get my hands on an old window- These are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading more of your posts! I would appreciate it if you took a moment to stop over at my blog and followed me back. Thank you! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! I'm excited for you! I think I must have looked at each picture here at least three times! Some GREAT ideas!!! I love your blog!

    XO, Aimee
    Your Bloggy Friend
    http://www.ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many window ideas so little time!Super ideas:)Thanks,Deidre~ your newest blogger friend,http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find! I like the table idea :) Although the way you've got it propped up against the wall alone looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the picture behind the window panels! Please share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You have lots of DIY window ideas! I just hope that this will serve as an inspiration to others. Happy recycling everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just right in time! I found a lot of vintage windows in our attic and now I have something to do with them. I’m excited to create my own version of coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to see a lot of creative ideas posted here. An old window is often regarded as trash, but I love the idea of recycling it and turning it into something that can beautify the interior and exterior of the house. I’ll keep my eyes open for vintage windows that can still be used. Our attic will be redesigned soon, and I hope I could use some of these ideas there.

    -- Kermit Lukacs

    ReplyDelete