Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Canvas Photo....

After seeing this tutorial on creating a photo canvas I was totally inspired!!  I have so many pictures floating around that I have yet to frame or even display!  This is super easy, and a great alternative to the classic frame on the wall!

What you will need:
Photos
Canvas or wood 
Mod Podge
Black paint
Foam brushes


Step one....Gather your supplies!





Step Two:  Modpodge your photos directly to your canvas or wood.  I made sure my canvas was the same size as my photo!  After adhering it to the surface, also brush a layer of modpodge across the top of your photo!  Don't freak out.....it will dry clear, and will give your photo the "canvas" look!  I promise!!





Step Three:  Paint the sides of your canvas black.  You can either be super careful and only paint the sides for a sharp, clean look, or you can be a bit messy and slightly paint onto the edge of the photo for a nice vignette look.  Also notice how the modpodge dried clear!  You now have a nice canvas like texture!





Step Four:  Enjoy your new canvas art!!

Two of the above photos were taken by Angie Rogers Photography, one by Red House on Main, and the other by Daddy K!


To see the parties I'm linking to go HERE!


6 comments:

  1. great tutorial, and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this and wondered how it would turn out. Going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and want to try it!! I found you on Homemaker on a Dime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such Beautiful pieces of art! I nominated you for an award. Go to my blog to check out the details. I'm also your newest follower:)

    Rachel (absolutelylovingmylifeblogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete